Wondering if individual coaching is right for you? Read below to get a better understanding of my process and the individual coaching programs I offer. If you have questions after reading the information below or are ready to move forward and set up your first session, contact me and let’s get started!
My coaching process is designed to help you prepare and execute a successful job search. I generally work with clients through the three phases below, starting with foundational work to clearly define your strengths and direction before updating your resume and other materials and then preparing for interviews. Before we dive in, we’ll talk about your specific situation to determine what to focus on
While we usually work through the stages below in order because they build on each other, I understand that each client is different and that the job search doesn’t always follow a linear path, so if you have an interview come up or need to send out a resume right away, we’ll tailor this process to meet your needs.
1Define Your Direction
We’ll focus on your strategy and unique career story
We’ll create or update your job search strategy and develop your unique career story, highlighting the experiences and accomplishments that are most relevant for your next step. We’ll also create a tailored job search plan that you’ll execute on moving forward, so that you use your time most efficiently to get results.
2Update Your Toolkit
We’ll tailor your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile
We’ll update and tailor your resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile to match the roles and organizations you’re targeting. We’ll ensure that your materials reflect current best practices and that they tell a clear and compelling story that will get the attention of recruiters and hiring managers.
3Nail the Interview
We’ll practice and prepare for interviews
You’ll learn strategies to successfully anticipate and prepare for tough interview questions, and we’ll conduct a comprehensive practice session to immediately improve your interview skills.
Meeting with Erin one-on-one was the best investment that I made in myself this year. I was lost, had low confidence and was fairly unprepared for moving from a non-profit background to working for a large business. Erin helped me refine my job search, completely change my marketing materials (resume, cover letter, LinkedIn) and improve upon my interviewing skills. She also helped me shift my job search process from cold-applying to jobs online to focusing more on relationship building within target companies. Her experience as a recruiter and coach really shows in the advice and supporting materials that she provides to clients. Thank you Erin!”
– Jane L., Nonprofit to Private Sector
Individual Coaching Programs and Pricing
I offer the programs below to address the most common needs I see from my clients. If you have questions, are not sure which program is right for you, or have a need that you feel falls outside of these programs, please contact me so we can discuss the best fit for you. If you are interested in my small group coaching program, please see my Job Search Bootcamp page for more details.
All programs include the following:
- One on one coaching sessions to discuss your career goals, identify specific and actionable next steps for you to take in your job search, and problem solve any questions or challenges you have. Sessions are 60-90 minutes and will be held in person or via video call depending on your location.
- Activities, worksheets, and other materials (aka homework!) that I’ll ask you to work on in between sessions, which will give you structure and ensure that we can spend our session time really digging in on the most important topics for you. Even after we’re finished working together, you’ll have access to my full library of coaching tools and resources to use moving forward.
- Feedback and edits to your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn summary; in addition to giving you high level feedback in our meetings, I will provide written edits and comments to ensure your materials are as strong as possible and tell your professional story clearly.
- Email support in between sessions; if a quick question pops up or you need my feedback on something small, I’m just an email away. I’ll always have your back!
Express Program (6 Weeks)
This program includes three meetings over six weeks. This program is best if you would like targeted, short-term support on one or two of the stages outlined above, since we typically can’t get through all three stages in just six weeks. If you’re looking for more comprehensive support, please see my Full Service program below.
Investment: $450 per month for two months, or $795 upfront
Full Service Program (3 Months) – *Best Value*
This program includes six meetings over three months. This program is best if you would like comprehensive support on all of the three stages outlined above and is recommended if you are just starting a new search, making a more complicated career transition, or want to reboot a search that has not gotten the results you want.
Investment: $500 per month for three months, or $1395 upfront
Ready to get started?
Contact me and we’ll set up a time for our first meeting.
I can’t recommend Erin highly enough! Being new to Seattle, I struggled with the job search for several months before meeting Erin. She helped me focus my job search strategy and update my marketing materials so I could network with confidence. Erin listened carefully to all my questions and concerns and provided thorough written feedback on all my materials. I wish I had hired her months ago!”
– Shawn L., Sustainability
Here are some answers to FAQs about my individual coaching programs; please also see my General Coaching FAQ page for more information about my coaching approach and philosophy.
What will we work on in the two different programs?
Sometimes it’s hard to know how much support you’ll need – I get it! Here are some examples of what we can cover, depending your needs:
In the three session Express program, we can:
- Define Your Direction: create your job search strategy and career story and do an initial review of your materials OR
- Update Your Toolkit: refine your existing job search strategy and do a more in-depth refresh and update of your materials OR
- Nail The Interview: discuss interview strategies, prepare your stories and examples, and conduct 1-2 practice interview sessions
In the six session Full Service Program, we can:
- Define Your Direction: create or refine your job search strategy and career story AND
- Update Your Toolkit: do an in-depth refresh and update of your materials AND
- Nail The Interview: discuss interview strategies, prep your stories and examples, and conduct a full practice interview session
What if I need more sessions?
If you need more sessions or support after we finish your program, we can continue working together on a month to month or as needed basis. Many clients find it helpful to stay in touch and have brief accountability check-ins as they continue their job search and to get support in preparing application materials or for specific interviews.
What if I don’t end up needing all the sessions in the package?
If you land a job before we’re finished working together, that’s great! If we’re less than 50% of the way through our program, I will be happy to refund you the remaining balance. If we’re more than halfway through, you can use the remaining time at any point over the next six months or donate it to my “pay it forward” program to help another job seeker in need.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch to set up your first session.
Making a career change can be a challenging and confusing time. I often went into our meetings unsure and filled with questions, but Erin always listened intently, and provided sound advice and recommendations on active steps to take to move forward. After following her recommendations on a search process, I landed a great job. After my loved ones, Erin was the first person I contacted to share the good news!”
– Eli R., Business Owner to Private Sector Startup