Reboot your job search, when it works for you
Have you hit a wall with your job search? Are you ready to start looking for a new job, but not even sure where to start?
You’re not alone.
Let’s face it, job searching can be a frustrating and confusing process, especially when you’re looking for mission-driven work. Do any of these sound familiar?
- You want to be strategic with your job search, but you’re not sure how to maximize your time and energy. Every time you sit down to do some work, you feel paralyzed, like you’re not sure where to start or what to do first.
- Now that you’re advancing in your career, you know that you need to be more intentional about the roles you pursue. You get that that applying to jobs online isn’t that effective, but you’re not sure how to find opportunities that you can get excited about (and that can pay the bills!).
- You’re struggling with telling your story, especially when your career path is a little…non-linear. You know you have lots of great skills and value to bring to an organization, but you’re not sure how to communicate them in an effective way.
- It seems like the “best practices” for things like resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn are changing all the time, and it’s virtually impossible to keep up. You know you need to be up on the latest trends, but Googling can only get you so far.
So you’re tired of feeling stuck, and putting in the time and work but not seeing results. You know something needs to change, but what?
Job Search Bootcamp will give you the structure and tools you need to find and land a job you love.
Are you ready to ramp up your job search? Want to work through all the great content included in Job Search Bootcamp, on your own time? Then the self-study version of Job Search Bootcamp is for you!
Why a self-study course?
We originally designed Job Search Bootcamp as an interactive six-week group program, and have been running it several times per year since 2016. It’s been a great success, however we’ve found along the way that while the fast-paced format and live weekly meetings work really well for many participants, they are not accessible to everyone. So we’ve created a self-study version of the program that you can complete when it works for you.
If you want to get started right away, can’t attend live meetings during the day, or want to work through the course material at your own pace, this self-study version of the Bootcamp is for you!
This course includes all the materials and exercises we use in the live Job Search Bootcamp program. It is organized in modules that you can complete at your own pace and on your own schedule, and there’s no time limit, so you’ll have access to materials for as long as you need them (and even for your future job searches!).
The program includes six modules, corresponding to the six topics we cover each week in the live program:
1Create Your Strategy
Developing your job search strategy and goals
2Tell Your Story
Identifying your strengths and “career story”
3Activate Your Network
Networking strategy and tools
4Update Your Toolkit
Resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles
5Nail the Interview
Interview strategy, practice, and feedback
6Negotiate the Offer
Negotiation strategy and best practices
Each module includes:
- Pre-reading and reflection questions, to prepare you for the new topic we’ll be covering
- A video overview of the content for that module, with advice, tips, and tricks on each of these important job search topics
- Proprietary tools and assignments for you to work through, from worksheets that will help you establish your priorities and develop your career story to tactical tasks like updating your resume and LinkedIn profile, along with comprehensive guides and templates outlining best practices for you to follow
- Homework for each topic, to cement your knowledge, help you gather feedback, and keep you accountable to implementing what you’ve learned
In addition to the comprehensive set of resources available through the course, you’ll also receive:
- Access to the private Careers for Social Impact Facebook community, where you can connect with a growing national network of social impact professionals who have completed this program or worked with me through private coaching
- Access to events, job leads, and other valuable information and materials we share only with clients
- Discounts on individual coaching or future live versions of Job Search Bootcamp, if you decide you’d like additional support after completing the self-study program
- Ongoing access to course materials, even after completing the program; materials are updated several times each year with new details and updated best practices
Who it’s for
This program isn’t for everyone. It’s probably a great fit for you if:
- You want to do work that has a positive social impact, in the private, public, or nonprofit sectors. While the course content is relevant to people in any career stage, please note that the live Bootcamp groups are targeted toward mid-career professionals (approximately 10-20 years of work experience), should you decide you want to participate in one of those in the future.
- You’re motivated to work hard on your job search and committed to working through the content on your own time. Since there are no live meetings or additional coaching included in this program, it’s important that you are able to self-motivate and work through the content without that additional support (we do encourage you to find an accountability partner to work with as you complete the course – more on that below).
- You’re open to new ideas about the best way to get results, and to trying things that feel a little “scary.” In particular, networking is a critical component of the Bootcamp curriculum, and you must be willing to put yourself out there and meet new people to get results with this program. Even though this is a self-study program, you’ll have to get out from behind your computer to be successful in your job search!
Registration and payment
In celebration of launching this new program, we’re offering it at a special introductory rate of $225 in spring 2019. This compares to the $750 early registration price for live groups starting later in 2019 (a 70% discount!).
Ready to go? Click on the button below to submit your registration form and payment. Once your registration and payment are complete, you’ll receive an email with additional details and access to the course.