“I got a new energy and self-confidence after taking your class. I feel better about my networking, negotiation, and interview skills in a way that I could not have done alone. This course gives you great advice and great teammates to work with to achieve your career goals.” – Michelle, Fall 2016
Job Search Bootcamp is a six week small group coaching program designed to help early to mid career professionals kick start or reinvigorate a job search. For two hours each week, you’ll meet with a small group of other job searchers and your coach (me!) to learn about specific job search topics, ask questions, get feedback and work on your search.
In between each session you’ll complete assignments and check in with your accountability partner to ensure you’re making progress. You’ll also have lifetime access to a shared online group for discussion and support, a growing network of program alumni, and a set of job search guides and templates you can use now and down the road.
Ready to go? Register here!
Why Group Coaching?
Group coaching is an excellent way to get many of the same benefits you would get from individual coaching at a lower cost and with the added bonus of meeting and getting support from a small group of like-minded peers. Groups are limited to six participants so that they are small enough for plenty of discussion and you’ll have opportunities to partner with and get to know everyone else in the group
What You’ll Get
- Goals and a plan for your search, to help you structure your time and work smarter not harder
- Accountability and support from an expert coach and peers who are going through the same experience
- Motivation to get started on your search or move forward on a stalled search
- Clarity and confidence in knowing what you’re looking for and how to talk about yourself and tell your “career story”
- Updated tools to help you stand out and get hired, including a revamped resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, and interview preparation
In addition, the program offers these unique benefits:
- Targeted advice from a career coach and former recruiter who knows the nonprofit, public, and private sectors
- Templates and assignments to help you implement proven and tangible strategies right away in your search
- A peer network and relationships you will rely on far beyond the program
Who It’s For
Job Search Bootcamp is a good fit for you if you are:
- An early or mid-career professional (approximately 5-15 years of full-time experience) who wants to launch or re-energize your job search
- Interested in doing work that has a positive social impact, whether that is in the private, public, or nonprofit sectors
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and put in the hard work it takes to find a new job and able to spend at least 3-5 hours per week working on your search
- Excited to build your network of like-minded peers and open to giving and receiving honest feedback to others in the group
Who It’s Not For
Job Search Bootcamp is probably not a good fit for you if you are:
- Very early in your career or a more senior professional (less than 5 or more than 15 years of full-time experience); please let me know if you’re interested though, as I will likely launch groups targeted for you in the future!
- Unable to commit significant time or energy to your search during the program (at least 3-5 hours per week). If you’re not ready yet, sign up here to learn about future program dates.
- Not open to working in a small group; the partnership, learning, support, and even friendship that participants gain from the group model are incredibly valuable. But it’s not for everyone, and if you’re not comfortable with the idea of sharing your wins and challenges with a small group of peers, this is not the right format for you. Please contact me if you would like to discuss one on one coaching.
Each week, we’ll cover a different job search topic, with time for discussion, Q&A, and feedback. You’ll also complete assignments and give/get feedback from peers in between sessions.
|Week 1: Define Your Direction||Goal setting and developing your search strategy|
|Week 2: Tell Your Story||Identifying your strengths and “career story”|
|Week 3: Activate Your Network||Networking strategy and tools|
|Week 4: Create Your Toolkit||Resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles|
|Week 5: Nail the Interview||Interview strategy, practice, and feedback|
|Week 6: Negotiate the Offer||Negotiation strategy and best practices|
Fall 2017 Schedule
Bootcamp meetings are held in person in Seattle (Lower Queen Anne). Virtual groups are coming in 2018. If you are interested in a future date beyond what is listed below, please fill out this form and I’ll notify you when new groups are scheduled. I also offer custom programs for organizations or groups who would like to participate together; please contact me for details.
|Group||Timing||Start Date||End Date||Early Pricing Ends|
|September: evening group||Tuesdays from 6:30-8:30 pm||9/19||10/24||9/1|
|October: daytime group||Tuesdays from 12:00-2:00 pm||10/10||11/14||9/29|
Fall 2017 Pricing
Cost includes all meetings, lifetime access to course materials, and inclusion in a growing alumni network of previous participants.
Early: $450 Regular: $525
Complete the short form here and submit your payment to save your spot. I’ll follow up with additional details about our first meeting and how to prepare.
“The job search process can be incredibly daunting. The structure that Erin brings to this process and the support from fellow job searchers is invaluable. It helped me reflect on my job search as well as my career as a whole.” – Stephanie, Spring 2017